This is the third session in our series called F5 LTM Concepts. In this article/video, we will learn about BIG-IP Virtual Server and its types. Hope it will help you in configuring and troubleshooting F5 devices in your day-to-day jobs.
F5 LTM Concepts – BIG-IP Virtual Server and its Types
In this session, we learn about F5 BIG-IP virtual servers and its types. A Virtual Server is one of the most important components of F5 LTM that is represented by a virtual IP address and a service e.g., 10.10.10.100:443. It is used to load balance traffic across multiple real servers at the back end. There are many types of virtual servers, but standard virtual server is the most common type.
Other types discussed in the session are listed below.
– Standard Virtual Server
– Performance (Layer 4) Virtual Server
– Forwarding (Layer 2) Virtual Server
– Forwarding IP Virtual Server
– Stateless Virtual Server
– Reject Virtual Server
– Performance (HTTP) Virtual Server
– DHCP Virtual Access Server
– Internal Virtual Server
– Message Routing Virtual Server
Also, if this has been helpful, then please subscribe to our Youtube channel – Our Technology Planet for more exciting stuff and videos.
Latest posts by Haider Khalid (see all)
- How To Build A Strong Security Culture In Your Business - November 28, 2023
- How Your Small Business Could Stay Ahead of the Curve by Embracing Tech - November 8, 2023
- Writing Smarter, Not Harder – A Guide to AI Tools - November 6, 2023