Note: This is a guest post by Muhammad Awais Butt, CCIE# 51557 & CISSP. We are grateful to him for sharing his experience on our blog in order to help those who want to go for this new, but high in demand IT certification.
In case you have any queries or would like to connect with Awais, you can drop him a message on his LinkedIn, Muhammad Awais Butt.
My Journey to DEVASC 200-901 (DevNet Associate) Exam
So, I have finally managed to clear the Devnet Associate exam, which I have been preparing for since the day Cisco formally announced this certification track (since Aug 19).
I must say that being a traditional CLI network engineer myself, it was very difficult to grasp these programming concepts and to dive deep inside HTTP requests to play with their headers and payloads. In my opinion, the best take-away of this exam is that it gives you a lot of confidence to talk with developers in your organization in their language. You as a network engineer will clearly interpret the meaning of a network access going towards a private/public GIT repository or what does it mean when a developer requests you to allow an outbound RESTAPI call to XYZ website.
Below is the list of resources/courses that I used for preparation of this exam.
- “Python Network Programming for Network Engineers (Python 3)”:“David Bombal”
- “Linux for Network Engineers: Practical Linux with GNS3”:“David Bombal”
- “Devnet Associate Fundamentals”: “Authorized Cisco Training Course”
- “Net DevOps: Cisco Python, Automation, NETCONF, SDN, Docker”:“David Bombal,Hank Preston”
- “Learn network programmability basics”:“Hank Preston”
- “Cisco DevNet Associate (200-901 DEVASC) – CBT Nuggets”
In my opinion, CBT Nuggets tops the list of providing focused content for preparation of the exam with the only drawback of not investing much time on development of python skill-set itself. This is followed by Hank Preston lectures and webcasts, which are awesome and give you a clear direction on where Cisco is moving. David Bombal is also great as a starting point as he simplifies python scripting for you and solidifies your base concepts.
Wish you all the best 🙂
Muhammad Awais Butt
Latest posts by Muhammad Awais Butt (see all)
- How to Pass the CISM Exam - December 23, 2020
- Upgrading Cisco Nexus Switches via USB Port - August 26, 2020
- My Journey to DEVASC 200-901 Exam - August 22, 2020
2 thoughts on “My Journey to DEVASC 200-901 Exam”
Congratulations Awais, can I please have your email address ? Let`s get in touch for some further help !
Thanks, Naveed. You may contact Awais via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.